About the National Library Network Services
The National Library Network Services are coordinated by a director, coordinator, publicist and a financial administrator. A group of specialists representing the different services also have a major role in the development of the functions of the service package.
All the library sectors contribute to the development of the National Library Network Services. The representatives of the library network and the National Library gather in joint meetings several times a year.
Services provided for the libraries:
- Top quality availability of information resources
- National databases (Fennica, Viola, Arto, Melinda, Vesa etc.)
- Licensing of electronic resources (FinELib and the Nelli portal)
- Digital library services and a digital work environment
- Digital library software (Voyager, Metalib, DSpace)
- Developing standards and formats and publicising them
- The impact and results of library activity
- Joint statistics for research libraries