FENNICA - The National Bibliography of Finland
FENNICA (the Finnish National Bibliography) contains information about monographs, serials, maps, audiovisual materials and electronic publications printed or produced in Finland. FENNICA also includes materials published outside of Finland that relate to Finland or are written by a Finnish author.
- The FENNICA database contains 911 652 records (June 2012).
- Book and serial publications since 1488
- Maps published since 1967 (the majority of older map material has also been catalogued)
- Audiovisual material published since 1981
- Electronic publications including electronic journals and series with ISSNs, and electronic dissertations from the University of Helsinki
- The VIOLA database contains records of Finnish sheet music and music recordings.
- Articles that relate to Finland or are written by a Finnish author can be found in the ARTO database.
Copy cataloguing via Z39.50 is subject to a fee for all and requires a subscriber agreement. Finnish public libraries have a license for copy cataloguing.
E-mail of the Fennica database: fennica-posti(at)helsinki.fi