2012 IFLA Pre-conference Meeting: The Electronic Re-evolution - News Media in the Digital Age
August 7-9 2012
Mikkeli University Consortium Auditorium
We are pleased to announce the IFLA 2012 Pre-Conference Meeting "The Electronic Re-evolution - News Media in the Digital Age". The conference will be held in the Mikkeli University Consortium Auditorium, Lönnrotinkatu 5, 50100 Mikkeli.
A complete description of the meeting, the meeting programme, and registration details can be found at the conference website http://www.ifla2012mikkeli.com/.
Mikkeli is a approximately 250 km northeast from Helsinki, a pleasant 2 3/4 hour train journey through Finland’s lake country. And, according to Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikkeli, Mikkeli is famous for its champion bandy team and the Mikkeli International Music festival.
Bandy team and night lift aside, meeting participants will learn from international experts about impact of the electronic re-evolution in the production of news and newspapers at large including e-delivery, crowd-sourcing, digital environment, and copyright issues.
Experts from around the world will speak on topics which include
- Newspaper SG’s Multilingual Newspapers: Study of User Behaviour on Multilingual UI
- Indexing of large volumes of digitised church records
- Readership of online newspapers by users of select cyper cafés in Uyo Urban
- Licensing our digital libraries: Which conditions and how to employ them?
- The co-operation and its conditions between a Library-collecting society and Publishers
- The digitisation activity and the digital archive DIGAR of the National Library of Estonia
- Managing e-Legal Deposit of electronic versions of daily newspapers in Germany
- Comellus project - a step towards digital newspaper deposition
- Electronic legal deposit for French newspapers: the BnF approach
- Experiences from Digidaily – Inter-Agency Mass Digitization of Newspapers in Sweden
- "Content, collaboration and aggregated connectivity"
- Research as a strategic tool for a research library
- Preserving News in the Digital Environment: Mapping the Newspaper Industry in Transition
- Capturing multimedia news content
- The Digital Future
The Electronic Re-evolution is sponsored by
National Library of Finland Centre for Preservation and DigitisationMikkeli University ConsortiumMiktech Ltd Digitalmikkeli
IFLA Newspaper SectionIFLA Core Activity on Preservation and Conservation
IFLA Genealogy and Local History Section
IFLA Preservation and Conservation Section