Opening hours and services 7 June – 31 August 2021
Library services will once again be more extensively available from 7 June. However, the restrictions on the number of customers are still in force. In-person information services will not be available as it is not possible to provide such services while maintaining a safe distance. The library is open only for research, studying and using the library’s materials.
If the COVID-19 situation changes, opening hours and services can change quickly.
- The library is open on weekdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The Special Collections Reading Room and information desks in Rotunda and the Slavonic Library are open from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- The information desks in the North Hall, the Reprographic Service Point and the listening room are closed.
- The library is open only for research, studying and using the library’s materials. To use the library, you need to have a National Library card.
- You can get the National Library card from the Rotunda information point on your first visit.
- The digital services of the National Library of Finland continue to operate as normal.
- As customers and personnel must comply with recommended safe distances, in-person information services will not be available, but services are provided mainly at service points.
- Halls and other customer spaces are open to customers, although with only part of the available seats in use. Please notice, that this may restrict your access to the Special Collections Reading room and the North Hall during peak times.
- During a library visit, customers must protect themselves by following the orders and recommendations on the use of face masks, safe distances and good hand hygiene issued by the Government, the Helsinki Metropolitan Area’s coronavirus coordination group and the University of Helsinki.
The material deliveries to the reading rooms return to normal practice. Read more here.
The Reprographic Service delivers reproductions without in-person services. The Reprographic Service is closed in weeks 25–26 (21 June –2 July) and 29–30 (19–30 July).
Customers can place orders for materials that are delivered from elsewhere with the Interlibrary Borrowing Service. Due to the pandemic and the holiday season, deliveries may take several weeks. The Interlibrary Borrowing Service is closed in weeks 27–30 (5–30 July).
Other libraries can place orders using the Interlibrary Lending Service throughout the summer, but there may be delays in delivery times. The Interlibrary Lending Service is closed in weeks 29–30 (19–23 July).
The Legal Deposit Office (Yliopistonkatu 1) is closed until 31 August. You can contact the information desk by sending email to email@example.com. Telephone services are available by calling +358 2941 44321 during the summer from 1 June to 31 August, 9–11 a.m., and at other times from 9 a.m. to 12 noon. You can send deliveries by mail as normal.
Regarding materials and services, delivery times may be longer than usual.
The best way to contact customer service is by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Call +358 2941 23196 for service by phone on weekdays from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
You can also contact us through our chat service on weekdays at kansalliskirjasto.finna.fi, kansalliskirjasto.fi/ and digi.kansalliskirjasto.fi