Opening hours and services from 1 September 2021 onwards
From 1 September onwards, the National Library is open on weekdays between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. However, the restrictions on the number of customers are still in force. In-person information services will not be available when it is not possible to provide such services while maintaining a safe distance. The library is open only for research, studying and using the library’s materials.
If the COVID-19 situation changes, opening hours and services can change quickly.
- The library is open on weekdays from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Information desks in Rotunda, the Special Collections Reading Room and the Slavonic Library are open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The information desk in the North Hall is open from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Upon request, a duty officer will be called from Rotunda’s information desk from 10 a.m. to 12 noon. Read more about the services in the North Hall.
- The information desk in the Reprographic Service Point, and the listening room are closed.
- The library is open only for research, studying and using the library’s materials. To use the library, you need to have a National Library card.
- We recommend that you order a new library card using this e-form before visiting the library. You can also get the National Library card from the Rotunda information point on your first visit.
- The digital services of the National Library of Finland continue to operate as normal.
- As customers and personnel must comply with recommended safe distances, in-person information services will not be available, but services are provided mainly at service points.
- Halls and other customer spaces are open to customers, although with only part of the available seats in use. Please notice, that this may restrict your access to the Special Collections Reading room and the North Hall during peak times.
- During a library visit, customers must protect themselves by following the orders and recommendations on the use of face masks, safe distances and good hand hygiene issued by the Government, the Helsinki Metropolitan Area’s coronavirus coordination group and the University of Helsinki.
The Reprographic Service delivers reproductions without in-person services.
The Interlibrary services are operating, however the delivery times may be longer than normal due to exceptional situation in other libraries.
Regarding materials and services, delivery times may be longer than usual.
The Legal Deposit Office at Yliopistonkatu 1 opens on 1 September 2021 for deliveries of small parcels. Reception point for all large legal deposit deliveries together with our telephone and e-mail service operate normally. Detailed information is available on the Legal Deposit Office web page.
- The best way to contact customer service is by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call +358 2941 23196 for service by phone on weekdays from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- You can also contact us through our chat service on weekdays at kansalliskirjasto.finna.fi, kansalliskirjasto.fi/ and digi.kansalliskirjasto.fi