Limited services of the Special Collections Reading Room and the North Hall from 17 May to 4 June
Updated May 12th (Reading rooms open Monday to Friday) The services of the Special Collections Reading Room and the North Hall Reading Room will be available Monday to Friday from 17 May 2021 onwards. Users of the services must follow the precautions against exposure to COVID-19. Reading room services are open for the time being, all services and opening hours may change rapidly due to coronavirus situation.
- Customers must book a visiting time and the materials to be studied by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than two days before their visit.
- The use of the reading rooms is limited to customers whose thesis, research or publication is in a critical phase and access to the material is important for the progress of their work.
- The reading rooms are open Monday to Friday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., and customers can book one visiting time per reading room for each day.
- When making the booking, the customer must state: a) what kind of research project they are working on and b) why access to the material is important for the progress of their work.
- In the North Hall customers can read microfilms and use the legal deposit workstations. Customers do not need to have a National Library Cards to use the North Hall.
- Other reading room material is delivered to the Special Collections Reading Room. The use of the Special Collections Reading Room is limited to customers who have a National Library Card.
- A maximum of four customers at a time can be allowed in both reading rooms.
- Customers need to register with the custodians upon entry. Access to the Reading Rooms is limited.
- Customers must wear a face mask and maintain good hand hygiene and safe distances for the entire duration of their visit to the library. Please clean the equipment you are using before commencing work.
- There will be no in-person information service in the reading rooms as it is not possible to provide such services while maintaining a safe distance.
- Self-service pick-up and return of home loans continues as before. Read more about the limited services.