Changes in the opening hours from 19 January 2022 onwards
From 19 January onwards, the National Library is open on weekdays between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m.
If the COVID-19 situation changes, opening hours and services can change quickly.
Edit. 14 January 2022 Opening hours
Edit. 11 January 2022 North Hall and The Legal Deposit office
- From 19 January onwards, the library is open on weekdays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Information desks in Rotunda, the Special Collections Reading Room and the Slavonic Library are open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The information desk in the North Hall is closed. The microfilm readers and legal deposit workstations can be used independently.
- The information desk in the Reprographic Service Point, and the listening room are closed. The Reprographic Service delivers reproductions without in-person services.
- The Legal Deposit Office at Yliopistonkatu 1 is closed from 12th of January until further noticed. For now, legal deposit copies can only be delivered via post, or by car to Kluuvi service tunnel. Detailed information is available on the Legal Deposit Office web page.
- As customers and personnel must comply with recommended safe distances, in-person information services will not be available, but services are provided mainly at service points.
- Reading Rooms and other customer areas are open.
- Individual visitors are welcome, but unfortunately we cannot accept groups.
- During a library visit, customers must protect themselves by following the orders and recommendations on the use of face masks, safe distances and good hand hygiene issued by the Government, the Helsinki Metropolitan Area’s coronavirus coordination group and the University of Helsinki.
- Wearing a protective face mask is required on library premises, unless there are no other people present.
- The best way to contact customer service is by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call +358 2941 23196 for service by phone on weekdays from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- You can also contact us through our chat service on weekdays at kansalliskirjasto.finna.fi, kansalliskirjasto.fi/ and digi.kansalliskirjasto.fi